Monday, June 20, 2011

dreams


Nowadays it’s difficult to look at life positively.
I stopped watching the news a long time ago, because it’s simply to depressing. Recession, disasters, war on terror, plain stupid decisions the politicians make. Plenty of things that can either make you cry or piss you off. Add to that your personal life – bills, work, relatives, relationship issues, etc. – and it’s almost enough to have yourself admitted to a mental institute.
What is that one thing you always wanted to achieve? Successful career? A published book? To take your family on a trip to Disney World Japan? Or maybe you’re dreaming of buying a yellow Lamborghini one day?
Whatever it is, it’s good. Even if you’ll never make it. You did good.
I dream. I dream of happiness. I dream of one day one person walks up to me and thanks me because I changed his life. Only one.
That’s why I blog. To pursue that dream.
A dream isn’t necessary an illusion. Sometimes they come true. Sometimes they don’t. But they always stimulate you t keep going. They occupy your mind when times are hard.
Dreams are thoughts that you can always fall back on. So you won’t feel empty. You won’t feel useless. You’ll feel better. Good enough to deal with whatever you’re dealing with. Even the most difficult of times.
You might not achieve that one dream. But you’ll achieve many others.
Chase it for all that it’s worth. Because then, and only then, you can be sure that when you’re old and grey you’ll be able to look back on life and have no regrets.

No comments: